Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shipwrecked

Lord, what are you up to?
I want so much and yet
my desires float away like driftwood
on the currents in the endless sea of time.
I thought I could apply
to grad school this year
but I've missed November's deadline.
Why not chase my dream to where it beckons
from far along a distant shore?

"Korea's not the place to hang your hat,"
I heard You whisper
as I began preparing for my move.
If You were to extend the call, I'd go--
and yet the day
the festival of kimchi pride was held,
my own reaction
to familiar smells surprised me.
I found myself there thinking, "Oh, Korea!
If you e're need support, I will uphold thee,
but I do not now believe I'll e're be with you."
It is too beautiful a place, indeed,
for such a derelict like me to mar
its fair complexion.

Beth Moore addressed the issue yesterday,
referencing Paul's shipwreck found in Acts.
"Take courage, men," she said he said,
for I know fully from the Lord the vessel sinks
but your lives will this day be spared."
My ship's been wrecked!
What brought me here has been destroyed--
and now I watch You,
watch You watch me stay afloat
atop this restless
endless
sea of waiting,
waiting for Your lifeboat's rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment